Wednesday 15 April 2009

The last MP...

My eventful and entertaining Tuesdays came to an end yesterday as my character-packed MusikPiano class had their last class and final performance :o( The last class wasn't all fun and games, but actually full of hard work as I prepared for them a 'monster' test (in the words of Alec and Connor!). Their incentive to do well came in the form of stamps!


1. Studying for the 'monster' test 2. Chloe's team prepares her for the test.

The test wasn't easy, especially as they had to do it all with absolutely NO HELP! They tried their best (and that's why they ended up with stamps all over their arms, legs and tummy!) but of course they still asked for answers whenever they were stuck :oP



Connor -asking Auntie for the answers!

I promised the kids that for their final performance, I'd let them play on the BIG teacher's keyboard as a treat. It definately worked a treat as each of them played two solo pieces (as I requested) and each of them did it with no guidance! They came well prepared and it was good to see that some of them actually practiced at home (not mentioning any names!) Chloe glammed up for her performance, wearing a lovely summer dress with matching jewelry. Her outfit didn't go unnoticed as Alec said "why is Chloe wearing clothes that show her armpits!" :oD




Connor, Hin Hin. Alec and Chloe


The kids in the class have been with me for approx.9 months and they've given me so many laughs along the way. In the first class, they showed me that they could roar like a fierce lion whilst I prepped their little hands to form the correct hand posture, and very recently they tried to talk like an italian whilst trying to pronounce pianossimo and fortissimo!

I will miss this class so much - but the kids have to grow up sometime. It's been great that they did part of their growing up with me.


We finished with a group hug - I'll miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment