Monday 18 January 2010

A Proud Day

Months of hard work certainly paid off when 120 kids from MMB performed at the 2010 Family Recital.


I was especially proud of all my kids and spent the whole of yesterday thinking about them and feeling warm and fuzzy inside. I was so stunned to see each of my kids put 100% heart and effort into their performance. I have known all along that my kids are more than capable of putting on a good show, but stage fright can get the better of all of us (especially if it is their first time on stage - even I was nervous and almost forgot my lines when singing Somewhere Out There!). I asked each of the kids if they were scared when they left the stage and each one replied 'no' whilst wearing a smile on their face. The kids seemed to glow with their smiles, and I could see that they all truly enjoyed their experience of being centre stage. Hearing the parents' loud applause and cheers certainly was a proud moment for me, and for the kids too I think.


My kids in class carried a different sort of enthusiasm today. They were all more engaged than usual and some requested to rehearse their performance piece for the concert. I had to remind them that the recital had finished and that we would no longer be citing that particular poem. It was funny, 'cause they had been begging not to rehearse the poem for the past few weeks! My kids not only learnt about hard work, but had it put into practice and then experienced the results. They finally understood why we worked so hard over the past 2 months - work hard, deliver the goods and you get great big grins, cheers and claps!


My kids' new love for performing was so clear to see today, and I am so grateful that I was the one who was able to lead them towards the experience they had yesterday. They are absolute stars and I am convinced that they will be stars forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment